Royal Victorian Manor
Large and stately, this nineteenth century home reposes at the top of the hill on Fremont Street and looks out over the city like a Victorian monarch surveying her realm. Built in 1894 by Judge C.P. Barnes, a McHenry County judge. An example of Victorian architecture with a Queen Anne rococo decor, the house has undergone a facelift, to bring back her former glory and adding a modern twist.
A Gracious Past . . .